Tuesday, 13 September 2011
Recipe from Y3K Cookbooks Volume no.31 -- Cartoon Cookies
A: 130g butter (at room temperature)
60g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
B: 120g rose flour (plain flour)
30g potato starch
50g glutinous rice flour
C: 1 tsp strawberry paste
D: Some yellow colour heart-shaped decoration sugar (small-sized)
Some red colour love-shaped decoration sugar (small-sized)
E: (mixed together, spoon into piping bag)
10g egg white
70g icing sugar
1 tsp cornflour
F: Little black sesame seeds
Some seaweed (snipped to make eyebrows)
Some egg white
1. Combine ingredient (A) into a big bowl, mix well. Add in ingredient (B), mix again. Pour onto tabletop, knead with your palms to form a dough.
2. Take 30 grams of dough from no. (1), leave it natural. Make into 1 gram pieces, shape and flatten into triangular pieces.
3. Add ingredient (C) to the remaining no. (1). Knead dough on the tabletop to work in colour.
4. Take away 10 grams from no. (3), shape into triangular and use one gram for both wings, take a piece of no. (2), stick in ingredient (D) (picture 3), arrange on baking tray, repeat process.
5. Bake no. (4) in a preheated oven at 130 degrees Celsius for 30-35 minutes till cooked through. After removal from oven, pipe ingredient (E) on cookies whilst hot. Dot with a black sesame seed to act as eyes. Glaze with egg white and stick a seaweed to act as eyebrows, bake for another 1 minutes, leave to set before storage.
Note: Work quickly after piping ingredient (E) on decorate with black sesame seeds and glaze egg white stick a seaweed before egg white turns hard.