Friday, 6 August 2010
Dragon Fruit Savoury Bean Fruit Fragance Pingpi Mooncakes
Ingredient for skin:
A: (sieved together)
80g commercial koh fun
30g cooked cornflour
30g icing sugar
30g liquid glucose
1 tbsp mango filling (from bakery marts)
1 tsp mango essence
1 tbsp strawberry filling (from bakery marts)
Dragon fruit lotus paste filling:
100g white lotus paste (refer to pg. 23)
20g dragon fruit pulp (mashed, strained out juice)
Savoury green bean paste filling:
150g split skinless green beans (soaked)
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp cornflour
4 shallots (sliced)
20g white sugar
1 tsp salt
1. For skin: Combine ingredient (A) and ingredient (B) together. Knead into a dough, divide into two parts.
2. To the first part of no. (1), add in ingredient (C), knead well. To the second part of no. (1), add in ingredient (D), knead well. Cover and rest both dough for one hour or keep chilled overnight.
3. Dragon fruit lotus paste filling: Stir ingredient (E) in a wok over low heat till paste leaves the side of the wok. Remove paste, cool well. Scale at 25 grams portions, shape into rounds, set aside.
4. Savoury green bean paste filling: Place drained beans of ingredient (F) into a pot. Add in some water to cook till beans have softened. Cool well, add in remaining ingredient (F), blend together, pass paste through a sieve.
5. Heat wok with oil from ingredient (G). Saute sliced shallots till fragrant. Remove fried shallots but keep remaining oil in the wok. Add in no. (4) and ingredient (H). Fry over low heat till paste leaves the side of the wok. Add in the fried shallots. Remove paste to cool.
6. Scale no. (5) at 45 grams portions, shape into rounds, flatten and wrap in no. (3).
7. Roll out both dough of no. (2). Place flattened mango dough on top of flattened strawberry dough. Next roll out flat once more, make into a Swiss roll. Slice at 80 grams each.
8. Take a piece of no. (7), flatten the top part (to give it a design), wrap in no. (6), dust with koh fun. Place into mould, press and dislodge imprinted mooncake. Repeat process.
Note: This recipe is for mooncake mould that can hold 150 grams. Always work on the ratio of 50% skin weight, 50% filling weight.
More recipes in "Pingpi Mooncakes"
(Available in August 2010!! Click to view contents).