Wednesday 20 August 2008

JIU HOO CHAR (Stir fried yam bean with Dried Cuttlefish & Pork Belly)


(From Y3K Recipes Issue No.5 – March/ April 2002)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
Ingredients:
115g jiu hoo see (shredded dried cuttlefish)
225g pork belly without skin
¼ cabbage (shredded)
1 yam bean (shredded)
1 carrot (shredded)
6 mushrooms (soaked, shredded)
1 big onion (pounded)
Some Chinese lettuce
3 tbsps cooking oil

Seasoning:
2 tsps refined tau cheow (soya bean paste)
½ tsp sugar
Salt to taste

Method:
1. Soak cuttlefish in cold water for 10 minutes. Discard impurities, drain and put aside.
2.Cook pork belly in water. Shred finely. Keep pork stock aside.
3. Heat oil in wok and saute pounded onion and seasoning until fragrant.
4. Add shredded cuttlefish and pork. Fry for a while. Add in remaining ingredients.
5. Pour in 150ml pork stock. Simmer until vegetables have fully absorbed the stock.
6. Serve by wrapping in Chinese lettuce leaves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to know how to cook stir fry and my friend showed me this blog yesterday. I followed all the instructions here and after I cooked this recipe, the taste of it is really awesome! Actually, my family also liked this dish. And I will make this again later for them.

Easy Stir Fry