Friday, 16 January 2009
Lub-Mei Scallop Radish Kuih
From Y3K Recipes Issue no.16 - Jan/Feb 2004.
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
300g rice flour (sieved)
625 ml water
1 tsp alkaline water,
1 plant coriander (chopped)
30g dried scallops
1 roll Chinese sausage (blanched, diced)
1 piece Kwai-Fah Yoke (blanched, diced)
1 tbsp minced shallots
5 mushrooms (soaked, diced)
20g dried shrimps (soaked, diced)
450g white radish (grated, squeezed out juice)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsps light soy sauce
1 tsp chicken granules
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp pepper
1. Soak dried scallops for 5 minutes, then steam it for 30 minutes. Shred and set aside.
2. Heat up 3 tbsps oil. Saute shallots, add in dried shrimps, mushrooms, Kwai-Fah Yoke and Chinese sausage, fry till fragrant. Add in seasoning. Set aside.
3. Heat wok, fry radish shreds over low heat till soft. Set aside.
4. Mix well ingredient A. Add in nos.(1), (2) and (3) and mix well. Pour it into a greased 10 inches square tray. Steam over high heat for one hour. Flip-open wok cover and steam kuih uncovered for another five minutes. This helps the water to evaporate from the surface of the kuih.
5. Cool it completely before cutting. Serve with chilli sauce. You can pan-fry leftovers.