From Y3K Recipes Issue no.13 - July/August 2003.
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
6 eggs (grade B)
225g brown sugar
190g butter (melted)
600g plain flour
2 tsps baking powder
2 tsps bicarbonate of soda
4 cups shredded carrot
2/3 cup dessicated coconut
1 1/2 tsps cinnamon powder
1 1/2 cups walnut (toasted, chopped coarsely)
3/4 cup raisin (optional)
1 1/2 tsps lemon flavoured essence
1. Beat well ingredient (A) with a mixer till fluffy. Fold in ingredient B, then add in ingredient C.
2. In a 9 X 9 inches square cake mould, line it with greaseproof paper. Pour in (1) and level it.
3. Preheat oven at 170 degrees Celsius. Bake (2) for 30-40 minutes till cooked through. Remove and set aside to cool.
Tips: Toast nuts for making cakes such as walnuts, almonds, cashew nuts in preheated oven at 150 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes, then chop it coarsely. Pretoasting the nuts will bring out the aroma of the nutty flavour.
Lemon butter frosting
75g icing sugar (sieved)
1/2 tsp lemon flavoured essence
3 tbsps walnuts (toasted, coarsely chopped)
1. Beat butter and icing sugar till fluffy. Add in lemon flavoured essence. Spread over the surface of cake.
2. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top. Chill in the fridge. Slice and serve.