From Y3K Cookbooks - My Secret Recipes Series Vol.12
(Malaysian Layered Cakes)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
A: 150g cream cheese
3 tbsps sweetened condensed milk
B: 27 egg yolks (486g)
1 can Nestle reduced cream (170g)
C: (sieved together)
100g Hong Kong flour or superfine flour
30g milk powder
D: 4 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
170g caster sugar
E: 100g chocolate rice
F: 50g multi-coloured chocolate rice
G: Few drops of green and red colouring
Utensil needed: 4 pairs of wooden chopsticks
1. Beat ingredient (A) till fluffy. Add in ingredient (B), beat till well-combined.
2. Fold in ingredient (C), in small batches to form a batter.
3. In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar of ingredient (D). Add in sugar little by little. Then fold into no.(2).
4. Divide no.(3) into three portions,
(I) 1st portion, add in green colouring and half amount of ingredient (E).
(II) 2nd portion, add in red colouring and half amount of ingredient (E).
(III) 3rd portion, leave it uncoloured, add in ingredient (F).
5. Grease and line an 8?square cake tin. Grill each layer of no.(4) (see below) for five minutes in a preheated oven at 170 degrees Celsius.
6. The pattern is as follows:
1st layer - six tablespoons of green coloured batter
2nd layer - five tablespoons of uncoloured batter. Arrange chopsticks on top. Once grilling is done, remove chopsticks.
3rd layer - five tablespoons of red coloured batter. Arrange chopsticks on top. Once grilling is done, remove chopsticks.
7. Repeat method no.(6) to the end. Not necessary to place chopsticks on the lowest and the top layers of the cake. Mark direction on exterior of cake tin.