From Y3K Cookbooks - My Secret Recipes Series Vol.12
(Malaysian Layered Cakes)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
A: 100g cream cheese
100g sweetened condensed milk
B: 24 egg yolks
1/2 can kaya (150g)
C: 200g Hong Kong flour or superfine flour
D: 3 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
130g caster sugar
E: 50g mocha creamer (buy from pearl milk tea stalls)
1 tsp coffee essence
1 tsp chocolate colouring
F: 50g milk powder
Few drops of red colouring
1. Beat ingredient (A) till fluffy. Add in ingredient (B), beat well.
2. Fold in ingredient (C), in small batches to form a batter.
3. In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar. Add in sugar, little by little, beat till soft peaks form. Fold into no.(2) to form a batter.
4. Grease and line two 8" square cake tin. Grill each portion of batter in a preheated oven at 170 degrees Celsius for five minutes.
5. Divide batter of no.(3) into the following :
(a) 600 grams batter and ingredient (E), subdivide into 6 parts and grill layer by layer in one cake tin.
(b) 600 grams batter and ingredient (F), subdivide into 6 parts and grill layer by layer in one cake tin.
When both cake tins of layer cakes are ready, cool them before slicing with a 6/8" L shaped metal mould into long slices. Next, cut into triangles.
6. Divide remaining batter of no.(3) into 6 equal parts. Grease and line a 7" X 7" X 4" height square cake tin. Grill part by part of remaining batter. After completing three layers, spread condensed milk on 5(a) and 5(b). Arrange in criss-cross manner on top. Next, grill part by part of remaining batter, the final three top layers.
7. Cool no.(6) before chilling it overnight. Slice it the next day.