(From Y3K Recipes Issue No.10 – Jan/ Feb 2003)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
85g O’nello margarine (or other brands)
170g Anchor butter (or other brands)
185g caster sugar
A few drops vanilla essence (7g)
385g all purpose flour/ plain flour
A little baking powder (2g or 1/2 stp)
Some red cherries (diced)
1. Cream margarine, butter, sugar and essence on low speed for 1 minute. Change to high speed and mix for 5 minutes. (Scrape down after 2 minutes)
2. Add eggs gradually on high speed and mix for 3 minutes. Scrape down after 1 1/2 minutes and again after 3 minutes.
3. Sift flour and baking powder before adding on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down and continue for another 30 seconds.
4. Using a star tube, pipe onto a greased tray.
5. Top with red cherries. (optional)
6. Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 10-15 minutes.
7. Cool well before putting into airtight jars.