(From Y3K Recipes Issue No.9 – Nov/ Dec 2002)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
6 ripe bananas
200g fresh, grated coconut
3 pieces pandan leaves
2 tbsps sesame seeds (toasted)
200g brown sugar
3 blades pandan leaves
Ice-cream (any flavour)
Almond flakes (toasted)
1. Boil sugar, brown sugar and water. Add in pandan leaves. Remove leaves when it comes to a boil. Cool solution.
2. Strain (no.1) into another pot. Heat over medium heat and bring it to another boil.
3. Add in grated coconut. Mix well. Simmer till syrup thickens slightly.
4. Add in pandan leaves and simmer for a while. Remove leaves.
5. Mash bananas with a fork. Cook till it heats through.
6. Turn off heat. Add in sesame seeds. Set aside to cool. Chill in the fridge. Wrap with green roti jala. Serve with ice cream and almond flakes.