Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
(Y3K Cookbooks - My Secret Recipes Series Vol. no.5 – Fancy Cakes & Jellies - August 2005)
110g caster sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk (388g)
200g cream crackers biscuits (milled fine)
20-30 packets of haw flakes/ red coloured san char (best to get the rectangular shaped flakes)
1 tsp pandan paste
1. Beat ingredient (A) for approximately 15 minutes till creamy.
2. In another mixing bowl, beat ingredient (B) till smooth.
3. Fold no.(1) into no.(2) and mix in ingredient (C). Stir till well-combined.
4. Add ingredient (E) into batter, give it a good stir and divide into seven equal portions.
5. Grease and line a 10 inches square cake tin with greaseproof paper. Pour in a portion of cake batter to steam till cooked. Cover the layer with haw flakes. Pour the next portion of cake atter on top of haw flakes. Steam till cooked through and repeat process till batter and haw flakes are used up. Cool cake well before slicing.
Tips: Batter total seven layers and haw flakes six layers as the last layer ends with a batter layer. If rectangular shaped haw flakes are hard to come by, use the normal round shaped type.