(Y3K Recipes Issue No.17 – Mar/ Apr 2004)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
120g almond powder
230g icing sugar
4 eggs white
2-3 drops vanilla essence
1/2 tsp castor sugar
100g dark cooking chocolate (melt by double boiling method)
1. Sieve almond powder and icing sugar into a mixing bowl.
2. Beat egg whites, vanilla essence and castor sugar in a mixing bowl till stiff (do not overbeat).
3. Fold no.(1) into no.(2), a little at a time. Repeat the folding process three times with a big metal spoon.
4. Line a baking tray with foil. Add a piece of silicone/ parchment paper on the base.
5. Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle. Pipe rounds on parchment paper, well spaced apart. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
6. Cool biscuits on a wire rack, spread half of each biscuit into melted chocolate, leave to set.
Tips: If method is followed closely, the biscuits are soft textured and beautiful eating. Replace chocolate spread with fruit jam-optional.