(Y3K Cookbook Vol.10-Lim Bian Yam's Favourite Recipes On International Cooking)
and (Y3K Recipes Issue No.13 – Jul/ Aug 2003)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
30 quail eggs
2-3 Japanese cucumbers (cut into 1/4 inch slices)
Some prawns (optional)
A little flour
1 tbsp chilli giling
4 red chillies (pounded)
120g shallots (pounded)
15g belachan (pounded)
3 candle nuts/ buah keras (pounded)
3 tbsps lime/ lemon juice
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chicken granules
Some mint leaves
1. Cover quail eggs completely with tap water. Bring it to a boil. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Soak in tap water after cooking. Shell it when cooled.
2. Wipe the eggs with a dry cloth. Mix well with flour, then sieve off excess flour. Deep-fry for a while. Drain off excess oil.
3. Heat up some oil. Saut?sambal ingredients.
4. Add in cucumbers, quail eggs and seasoning. Taste then readjust.
5. Sprinkle in lime or lemon juice. Mix well, dish up.
6. Put prawns into the same wok, fry with remaining oil till cooked. Add it into (5). Garnish with mint leaves.