Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
(Y3K Cookbooks - My Secret Recipes Series Vol. no.3 – Popular Cakes & Desserts With Step-by-step Guide - April 2004)
I N G R E D I E N T S :
(A) 180g egg yolks, 40g caster sugar
(B) 230g egg whites, 150g caster sugar
(C) 230g plain flour
1. Beat ingredient A till light. In a clean mixing bowl, beat well ingredient B.
2. Blend ingredient C and B into A. Pipe batter onto a greased baking tray.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes or till light golden.
5 egg yolks, 250g caster sugar
250g mascarpone cheese
30 ml gelatin solution (see tips below)
500g UHT whipping cream
1. Beat egg yolks and sugar on high speed till light. Add in mascarpone cheese and beat on medium speed till well-combined.
2. In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream till firm. Fold in whipped cream and gelatin into no.1.
75g instant coffee granules
500g boiling water
50g Kahlua coffee liqueur
Cocoa powder as required
M E T H O D :
1. Dampen sponge fingers with the dissolved coffee mixture. Arrange in a layer in a loose-bottomed pan.
2. Pour the tiramisu cream over no.1. Lay another layer of sponge fingers with the dissolved coffee mixture on top.
3. Cover cake with the rest of the cream and keep it chilled overnight.
4. Remove cake from pan and dust with topping before serving.
How to dissolve gelatin: Place 10g of gelatin powder and 30 ml water together. Use a double-boiler to melt mixture, stir it a little. Measure out the amount required. With the usage of gelatin, the tiramisu cream will set quickly. To prevent it from setting at too fast a pace, place the tiramisu cream bowl in another bigger bowl filled with lukewarm water.