(Y3K Recipes Issue No.13 – Jul/ Aug 2003)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
1 egg (grade A)
100ml warmed chicken stock
1 piece crab filament stick (shredded)
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp fried shallot crisps
1 tbsp minced spring onion
1. Blend eggs, salt and chicken stock till well combined.
2. Place shredded crab filament into a rice bowl. Sieve egg mixture over it.
3. Cover with a piece of aluminium foil. Pierce it as shown in photo above to avoid pressure building up during cooking.
4. Place bowl in microwave oven. Steam for 2 1/2 minutes on Medium.
5. Remove from microwave oven, let it stand for 5 minutes.
6. Garnish and serve hot.
Tips: To microwave two bowls of steamed eggs may require approximately 3 minutes on Medium. Adjust your own timing. It is better to undercook eggs to avoid it drying out. Recook dish if you want a firmer texture.