Monday, 22 December 2008
Crispy Almond Squares
(Y3K Cookbooks Vol.3 - Popular Cakes and Desserts With Step-by-step Guide热门蛋糕西点步步教)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
200g caster sugar
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp salt
40g corn flour
Egg white glazing: dissolved & strained
60g egg white
1. Soak almonds of ingredient C with boiling water for 5 minutes. Rub off the skins.
2. Slice some of the almonds for decoration purposes.
3. Put remaining almonds and flour into a food processor. Blend well and pour mixture into a mixing bowl. Mix in corn flour.
4. Beat ingredient A till fluffy. Add in ingredient B, beat till it is white.
5. Add in no.(3), mix well to form a dough.
6. On a baking tray, sprinkle some flour.
7. Take a portion of dough, cover with a plastic sheet, roll out to form a very thin sheet.
8. Place no.(7) onto tray. Mark out the pastry sheet into squares with a metal ruler. Glaze it with egg white solution. Place some sliced almonds on pastry.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. Remove it and cut the baked pastry according to the markings. Rebake for another two minutes. Cool well before storage.