Wednesday, 10 December 2008
2 large pieces duck breast
2 large pieces roasted duck breast
180g shallots (pounded)
15g garlic (pounded)
2 tsps pepper
1 1/2 tbsps minced bean paste
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsps sugar
1 1/2 tbsps light soy sauce
2 tbsps white vinegar
300 ml water/ superior stock
1. Blanch duck meat in simmering hot water for 5 minutes to remove the impurities.
2. Heat up 3 tbsps oil. Saute spices for about 5 minutes till aromatic.
3. Add in duck breast. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes over low heat.
4. Add in seasoning and bring it to a boil. Simmer over low heat for 2 hours till meat is tender and gravy is thick.
5. Add in roasted duck breast and mix well. Bring it to a boil.
6. Dish up. Debone duck and chop into pieces. Place on plate and garnish.
Tips: The usage of vinegar is to tenderize the meat.
(Y3K Cookbook Vol.10-Lim Bian Yam's Favourite Recipes On International Cooking)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.