Tuesday, 23 December 2008
Roast Pork (Home-Made)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
400g belly pork (square shaped)
Some white vinegar
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp five-spice powder
1 tsp salt
1 heaped tsp minced garlic
1. Clean pork. Score the inner portion of meat with a chopper as shown above.
2. Rub the meat portion with marinade B evenly.
3. Brush the skin portion with marinade A.
4. Keep the meat in the chiller box for three days. Brush the skin with marinade A twice a day. After this period, the skin & meat should darken in colour.
5. Just before roasting, prick the skin all over. The excess oil will flow out during the oil will flow out during the roasting process. Thus, a crispy skin can be achieved.
6. Preheat turbo broiler at 250 degrees Celsius ( normal oven at 300 degrees Celsius). Roast it with the meat portion facing upwards for 15-20 minutes. roasting process. Thus, a crispy skin can be achieved.
7. Turn the pork upside down, with the skin portion facing upwards. Roast for another 20 minutes, or till plenty of popped-up bubbles have formed on the surface.
8. Remove the roast pork and cut into pieces. Most ideal to serve with rice or as an accompaniment snack with beer.