Wednesday, 31 December 2008
PROSPEROUS AND WEALTHY PLATTER
From Y3K Recipes Issue no.10 - Jan/Feb 2003.
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
150g good quality dried oysters (soaked till soft)
100g fatt choy/ black moss (soaked)
100g dried scallops (soaked till soft)
10 pieces dried mushrooms (soaked till soft)
1 big bowl superior stock (see tips)
12 pips garlic (peel skins, deep-fried)
10 plants choy tam/ greenie vegetable (blanched)
1 tbsp fragrant oil (see tips page 19)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
For thickening: mix well
1 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tbsp water
1. In a big bowl, place dried scallops, oysters, mushrooms, fried garlic pips. Pour in the superior stock.
2. Place bowl to steam over high heat for 2 hours. Replenish water whenever necessary.
3. Drain off the stock. Invert bowl over a deep big plate.
4. Scald black moss with the stock from no.(3) and surround with blanched vegetable.
5. Use the fragrant oil to cook the stock from no.(3). Add in oyster sauce and wine. Thicken gravy and pour over no.(4). Serve hot.
Tips: To prepare superior stock, simmer 1 mother hen and 3 litres water for 3 hours, strain residue. Excess stock can be freezed.