Thursday, 20 November 2008
Y3K COOKBOOK - MY SECRET RECIPES SERIES - VOL. NO.12
(MALAYSIAN LAYERED CAKES - page 56)
Total Preparation Time: 4 1/2 hrs
150g cream cheese
80g caster sugar
10 egg yolks
200g apple filling
150g Hong Kong flour or superfine flour
100g Marie biscuits (milled)
10 egg whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
100g caster sugar
100g walnuts (roasted, milled coarsely)
Few drops of green, brown and red colouring
1. Beat ingredient (A) till fluffy. Add in ingredient (B), beat well.
2. Fold in ingredient (C), a little at a time till a batter is formed.
3. In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar till it foams. Add in sugar, a little at a time. Beat till soft peaks form. Fold into no.(2) to form a batter. Add in ingredient (E), mix well.
4. Divide batter into three portions. Colour each portion separately with a colour from ingredient (F). Subdivide each coloured portion into another three parts. You now have a total of nine parts.
5. Grease and line an 8 inches square cake tin. Alternate coloured batter into tin and steam well.
Every layer needs a steaming time of between 15-20 minutes. Ensure each layer is cooked through before pouring in the next layer to steam or else difficulty can arise.
To view contents of Y3K Cookbook Vol. no.12 "MALAYSIAN LAYERED CAKES"