Y3K COOKBOOK - MY SECRET RECIPES SERIES - VOL. NO.5
(FANCY CAKES AND JELLIES - page 23)
A) 500g butter, 140g caster sugar
B) 10 eggs (grade A)
C) 1 can sweetened condensed milk (388g)
D) 170g low-protein flour (sieved)
E) 80g cooking chocolate (melted), 1 tbsp cocoa powder
F) 200g white cooking chocolate (melted), 1/2 tsp each of pink, green, yellow, purple colouring
1. Beat ingredient (A) till light and fluffy.
2. Add in eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
3. Add in ingredient (C). It is better if you alternate eggs and condensed milk to prevent mixture from curdling.
4. Fold in ingredient (D) in small batches. Combine flour well.
5. Scoop out 500g of no.(4) and add in ingredient (E). Grease and line a 10 inches square baking tin. Pour in chocolate cake mixture to steam for 20 minutes. Cool cake before dicing it into thin cubes.
6. Divide remaining cake mixture into five portions. Leave one portion natural and colour the
other four portion each with a different colouring from ingredient (F).
7. Grease and line an 8 inches square baking tin.
8. Steam each layer till cooked as follow:
1st layer-green mixture & cubes of no.(5)
2nd layer-purple mixture & cubes of no.(5)
3rd layer-natural coloured mixture & no.(5)
4th layer-pink mixture & cubes of no.(5)
5th layer-yellow mixture & cubes of no.(5)
Cool steamed cake well.
To view contents of Y3K Cookbook Vol. no.5 "FANCY CAKES AND JELLIES"