Friday, 7 November 2008
Fried Radish Cake
(From Y3K Recipes Issue No.11– Mar/ Apr 2003)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
Ingredients: (1 serving)
2 pieces radish cake (cubed)
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsps minced preserved chai-pu
1 tbsp chilli giling
A handful of bean sprouts
2 stalks kuchai/ chives (cut into sections)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1. Heat up 1 bowl of oil. Deep-fry radish cake till firm. Remove and drain off excess oil. Set aside.
2. Heat up 3 tbsps oil in wok. Sauté garlic. Add in preserved chai-pu and chilli giling. Fry till fragrant.
3. Add in no.(1). Stir-fry over high heat. Add in egg, mix well. Add in chives and seasoning, fry till well mixed. Dish up. Serve hot.
Homemade Radish Cake
2 radish (shredded, squeeze out bitter juice)
300g rice flour
30g dried shrimps
½ tsp salt
1 tsp alkaline water
2 tbsps oil
1. Sauté dried shrimps. Add in radish shreds and stir well. Turn off heat, add in remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour into an 8” greased square tray. Steam over high heat for 1 hour. Remove from heat.
2. Keep in fridge when completely cooled. Slice when needed.