Friday, 21 November 2008
Green Tea Cheese Chiffon Cake
Y3K COOKBOOK - MY SECRET RECIPES SERIES - VOL. NO.12
(MALAYSIAN LAYERED CAKES - page 84)
Total Preparation Time: 2 hrs
10 egg yolks
100ml olive oil
100ml fresh milk
100g cream cheese (boil together till dissolved, cool mixture)
250g Hong Kong flour or superfine flour
10 egg whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
320g organic sugar
1/2 tsp green tea paste
2 piping bags
1. Beat ingredient (A) till creamy, add in ingredient (B), beat well.
2. Add in ingredient (C), beat well.
3. Fold in ingredient (D), combine well.
4. In a clean mixing bowl, beat ingredient (E) till soft peak foam. Fold into no.(3).
5. Divide no.(4) into two portions. Add ingredient (F) to one portion. Fill batter and green tea batter into two piping bags.
6. Get ready a chiffon mould, do not grease. Pipe in some uncoloured batter, alternate with green tea batter. Keep on alternating till batter are used up.
7. Preheat oven for 10 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius. Bake cake for 45 minutes or till cake is baked through. Cool baked cake by inverting chiffon mould over wire rack. Cool very well before unmoulding.
To view contents of Y3K Cookbook Vol. no.12 "MALAYSIAN LAYERED CAKES"