Tuesday, 18 November 2008
Fruity Rainbow Colour Cheese Cake
Y3K COOKBOOK - MY SECRET RECIPES SERIES - VOL. NO.12
(MALAYSIAN LAYERED CAKES - page 6 & 7)
170g cream cheese
50g caster sugar
18 egg yolks (324g)
1/2 can kaya (150g)
170g Hong Kong flour or superfine flour
2 tbsps cornflour
3 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
110g caster sugar
30g dried black raisins (chopped)
30g green glace cherries (chopped)
30g red glace cherries (chopped)
3 small round packets of haw flakes(chopped)
30g dried apricots (chopped)
Few drops of red, sky-blue, orange and green colouring
1. Beat ingredient (A) till fluffy. Add in ingredient (B), beat well.
2. Fold in ingredient (C), in small batches.
3. In a clean mixing bowl, beat ingredient (D) till soft peaks form. Fold into no.(2) to form a batter.
4. Divide no.(3) into five portions :
One portion batter, add green cherries and pink colouring, subdivide into four equal parts.
One portion batter, add black raisins and green colouring, subdivide into four equal parts.
One portion batter remain uncoloured, add haw flakes, subdivide into four equal parts.
One portion batter, add apricots and sky-blue colouring, subdivide into four equal parts.
One portion batter, add red cherries and orange colouring, subdivide into four equal parts.
5. Grease and line an 8" square cake tin. Grill each part for five minutes in a preheated oven at 170 degrees Celsius. Alternate layer by layer and check if layer is cooked by inserting a bamboo pick. If it comes out clean, the layer is done.
Tips: It is best to place a piece of cut-out greaseproof paper on every grilled layer and flatten with a metal flattener. This would expel excess air trapped in and level the surface nicely.
To view contents of Y3K Cookbook Vol. no.12 "MALAYSIAN LAYERED CAKES"