Monday, 10 November 2008
Strawberry Cheese Tarts
(From Y3K Recipes Issue No.11– Mar/ Apr 2003)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
Ingredient A: Tart base
60g icing sugar
1 egg white
220g plain flour
15g custard powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
Ingredient B: Filling
250g cream cheese
50g icing sugar
½ tbsp lemon paste
1 fresh egg
Some strawberry filling
1. Tart base: Mix well Ingredient A in a food processor till a soft dough is formed.
2. Divide the dough into 8 small portions. Press the small doughs into tart moulds. Trim off excess dough. Prick the base with a fork.
3. Bake no.(2) in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 10 minutes or till light golden in colour. Remove and set aside.
4. Filling: Mix well all ingredient B, except strawberry filling.
5. Put no.(4) into an icing bag. Pipe into no.(3) till level. Put strawberry filling into another icing bag. Pipe it on the surface with a line pattern.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 150 degrees celsius for 20 minutes.
Tips: Strawberry filling is available at cake specialist shops.