Saturday, 8 November 2008
Kong Nam Noodles
(From Y3K Recipes Issue No.11– Mar/ Apr 2003)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserved.
Ingredient A: (1 serving)
2 skein wantan mee (loosen noodles)
½ tbsp minced garlic
4 baby corns (cut into halves)
4 slices carrot
3 pieces prawns
3 slices lean pork
1 mushroom (soaked, cut into half)
4 button mushrooms
A few slices fish cake
400ml superior stock
1 egg (beaten)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
A little salt
A little pepper
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
½ tbsp tapioca powder
½ tbsp water
1 century egg (cut into 4 pieces)
4-5 slices pickled young ginger
1. Heat up 2 bowls of oil. Deep-fry wantan mee over medium heat till crispy. Drain off excess oil and put it onto a plate. Set aside.
2. Leave 2 tbsps oil in wok. Sauté garlic. Add in superior stock. Cook over high heat till it boils.
3. Add in ingredient B. Cook for a while. Add in seasoning to taste.
4. Add in thickening, then add in some oil and Chinese cooking wine. Turn off the heat and add in egg. Stir well.
5. Pour no.(4) over no.(1). Decorate with pieces of century egg and pickled young ginger. Serve hot.