Saturday, 1 November 2008
(From Y3K Recipes Issue No.11– Mar/ Apr 2003)
Copyright of Y Three K Publisher. All rights reserve
Different types of vegetarians:
No animal foods of any type.
Eat eggs, but no dairy foods or animal flesh.
Eats dairy foods, but no animal flesh or eggs.
Eats dairy foods and eggs, but no animal flesh.
Eats dairy foods, eggs and fish, but no other animal flesh.
Eats dairy foods, eggs, chicken and fish, but no other animal flesh.
250g Lasagne sheets
2 aubergines/ egg plants/ brinjals
500g mushrooms (soaked, sliced)
100g fresh basil leaves
500g Chinese spinach/ Por Choy (chopped)
Marinara sauce (see sauce for vegetarian seafood marinara)
300g grated mozarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180 degrees celsius. Brush a 14”X11” ovenproof baking dish with some olive oil.
2. Slice the brinjals into ½ inch rounds. Place in a large pan of boiling water. Cook for 1 minute or till tender. Drain and set aside. Blanch the spinach, drain and set aside.
3. Heat some olive oil and stir-fry the mushrooms till lightly brown. Add in basil leaves for a while. Dish up and set aside.
4. Cook the lasagne sheets in a large pan of rapidly boiling salted water till slighly soft.
5. Arrange 4 slices of lasagne sheets on the baking dish. Top with half of no.(2) and no.(3). Spread half of the marinara sauce on it. Top with another layer of lasagne sheet, press gently. Repeat the whole step again.
6. Top with cheese sauce and sprinkle with grated mozarella cheese. Bake for 45 minutes.
3 tbsps flour
2 cups (500ml) milk
500ml cream cheese
Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat till it melts. Stir in flour for 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually add in milk. Return to the heat and stir constantly till the sauce boils and begins to thicken. Add in cream cheese and stir till smooth.